Monday 6 June 2016

I got chills, they're multiplying. . .

I used to think Ireland was the only place where, if you didn't like the weather, you only had to wait 10 minutes for it to be different. . . .  This morning I discovered Ireland was not unique.
Heading out this morning, the temperature was 60F.  I knew I had a tough climb ahead (2500 feet summit) so I dressed lightly (3 layers) knowing the effort of the climb would warm me up.
Yeah right.
By the top of the (tough) climb, the temperature had risen to 100F.  Yes - a 40 degree increase in the space of a few short miles.  I was saturated with the effort - through all three layers.
Normally you need to be careful with a steep descent as it is all too easy to get cold from the rushing wind at high speed.  Given it was 100F I thought "This won't be a problem".
Wrong.
To my utter amazement, the fog rolled in as I descended and the temperature fell right back to 60F again.
John Travolta eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment